CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Captivate by Carrie Jones

Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his
.


I really enjoyed the first book of this series. That said, I probably won't finish the series. I have to admit, I didn't  finish Captivate. I skimmed the book and couldn't figure out why until I realized that I was tired of Nick and Zara's romance. It took up a lot of pages. I didn't feel the same intensity as the first book either.  Though the new king is interesting.


Rating: PG 14 (max)
V: Fighting
L: A few
S: Kissing, sexual intensity

Want to buy it?



Page 69 test:
""Zara, sympathy is just a good excuse to buy greeting cards and make sorry eyes and secretly gloat over how glad you are that you aren't the person whose crap is hanging out there for the worlds to see," Betty says.

A check at the hospital reveals:
  • one sprained wrist,
  • a couple of minorly bruised but unbroken ribs, and
  • one small neck strain that does not require a neck brace.

Gram changes into her civilian gear at the hospital, putting on a flannel shirt and L.L Bean cords, and then drives us home in her truck. I'm in the middle seat leaning against Nick.
I push my thigh against his. "Well, thank God."
"Thank God what?" he asks. His hand slowly rubs up and down the place where my shoulder meets my arm. It makes me good shiver.
"That I don't have a neck brace. It's hard to rock a neck brace, especially if we're still gong to that dance."
He leans in and kisses my nose. "If anyone could do it, you could."
I tilt my head so our lips meet.
"Hormonal ones, I am right here. Me. The old lady otherwise known as your grandmother," Betty says.
"Sorry. He's just irresistible," I say, settling back against him.
"Well, try to resist the irresistible," Betty says knowingly as the as the truck bumps over a pothole. "Sorry! Didn't mean to jostle you."
"Wait," Nick says. What did that mean?"
"She said to resist the irresistible," I explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment