CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Fourth Nephite by Jeffrey S. Savage

Kaleo Steele is starting to cut seminary and hang out with some new friends ; in fact, he s not even sure what he believes anymore. When his seminary teacher finds him at the wrong place at the wrong time, Kaleo is in jeopardy of missing his high school team s regional football game a game where college scouts will be coming to see him play. But his seminary teacher realizes that much more than a game is at stake, and sends him on a soul-searching quest. Guided by Ladan, a mysterious old blind man, Kaleo pushes through a battered wooden door only to find himself in Palmyra, New York, in the fall of 1827. Soon he is caught up in a battle between treasure seekers led by Allaster Blackburn, a necromancer hired to steal the gold plates and the young prophet Joseph Smith, who is sworn to keep them safe. In his quest to find a key that will send him back to his own time, Kaleo will have to decide what to believe. Before it s too late. In the style of the Tennis Shoes among the Nephites series, The Fourth Nephite is an exciting new time-travel adventure series for LDS teens and their families.

 
Fun, intriguing, educational story! Mr. Savage is an excellent storyteller and this book is another example of his talent. I enjoyed reading a different viewpoint of the time of Joseph Smith and his family.
 This is a series and I will add it to my library. Hopefully, my kids will enjoy it as much as I did.

Rating: G
L: None
S: None:
V: fights

Want to buy it?




Page 69 test:
:...up was a little ralike thing that squesaked and ran deeper into the woods.
"What now?" I asked. After all my walking, my legs ached and my back felt like I'd been nailed in the open field by a strong safety. I didn't know how long I'd actually one without a meal, but my stomach was complaining up a storm. I figured I might as well continue on to the road. Wahtever I was supposed to find didn't seem to be here, and the sooner I found a road, the sooner I could find a house--and a phone.
First though, I'd take a little break. These boots might have been handmade, but Air Jordans they were not. I oculd feel blisters on the backs of both of my heels. I dropped to the ground, leaned my head back against the side of the rock and stretched out my legs with a sigh.
I closed my eyes and listened as a breeze rustled the leaves over head. Now that the sun was gone, the air was srting to cool down. It wasn't neral as cold as it had been the night I'd driven into the city, but I also wasnt' wearing the down jacket I'd had on then. The coat I was wearing now was thick, but if Ididn't find someplace to spend the night, I would be hurting by the morning.
I rubbed my hands together, rying to warm them up, and felt someting strange. The skinn on my right hand seemed...odd. Holding my palm out in fron of my face,O shook my head. A lot of crazy things had happened today, buthtis was more than wrong. I got to my feet and stepped into the moonlight just to be sure of what I was seeing.
I ran the fingers of my left hand over the skin of my right,"

No comments:

Post a Comment