CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

 My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.


WOW.

That said, this is another great book from the Iron Fey series. And yes, I did break my resolution to only read a series if the books were all published. In my defense, I stated a trilogy as a series. So I'm technically off the hook because their is a fourth book.
Another great book with characters becoming stronger and better through trials. Each character has a unique voice and personality. Love, hate, war, finding inner strength, sacrifice, betrayal and magic are woven throughout the story.
I was thrown at revelation of the false king...


Rating: PG 14
V: War
S: Kissing, one scene where you know two people are "together"
L: Some through out each chapter



Page 69 test:
"...all things she could ask for. But before I could say a word, Ash took my elbow and pressed something into my palm.
Curious,I held up my hand. A small gold ring flickered in my palm, surrounded by a gently swirling aura of blue an green. It looked exactly like the one we'd taken from the tomb. I glanced at Ash sharply, and he winked at me.
"Remember when the oracle asked if you had the ring's mate?" he whispered, his breath tickling my ear. "At least one of us was thinking ahead."
"Well, darling?" Leanansidhe called before I could reply. "What are you two whispering about? Does it have anything to do with what you're going to trade for your father?"
I gave Ash a brilliant smile and turned to Leanansidhe again. "Yes," U murmured, and raised the Token so that it gleamed under the lights. Leanansidehe say straight up in her chair. "I can give you this."
The brief, eager flash in the queen's eyes told me we had won. "A Token, darling?" Leanansidhe leaned back again, feigning nonchalance. "That might be sufficient. For now, anyway. I suppose I can trade your father for that."
I was weak with relief, but Ash stepped forward, closing his hand over the ring and my fingers. "That's not enough," he said, and I gaped at him in disbelief. "You know the Iron fey are looking Meghan. We can't just wander around the mortal world without a plan. We need a place that will be secure from the false king's minions."
"Ash, what are you doing?" I hissed under my breath. He gave me a sideways glance and mouthed, "Trust me."
Leanansidhe pursed her lips. "You two are pressing the boundaries of my patience. "She drummed her nails on the armrest and sighed. "Oh, very well, darlings. I have a quaint little hideaway that I can lend you for the time being. It's out in the middle of nowhere and fairly safe--I've got a few of the local trows keeping an eye on it. Will that be good enough for you, dove?"

No comments:

Post a Comment