CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Troy High by Shana Norris


Narrated by Cassie, a shy outsider at Troy High, the story follows the Trojans and Spartans as they declare war on the football field. After the beautiful Elena—who used to be the captain of the Spartan cheerleaders—transfers to Troy High and falls madly in love with Cassie’s brother Perry, the Spartans vow that the annual homecoming game will never be forgotten. Off the football field, an escalating prank war fuels tensions between the schools.

The stakes are raised when Cassie is forced to choose between the boy she loves (a Spartan) and loyalty to her family and school. Troy High will seduce readers with its cast of mythic proportions.

A fun retelling of Helen of Troy for high schoolers, the battle taking place on the football.
And that's about it.
Okay, not really. This is a clean, quick, summer read.

Rating: PG 13
S: No
L:No
V: Rivalry, pranks, etc





First line: "It was a late Sunday afternoon when I kissed my best friend."

25% test (p. 65):
"...the same thing, a large thin-crust pizza with everything, no mushrooms on Greg's half and extra mushrooms on mine.
He walked into the restaurant five minutes later. Glancing quickly at me, he moved toward the table, his hands buried deep in his pockets and his eyes focused on the floor.
"Hey," he said as he slid in to the seat across from me.
"Hi," I answered.
We were silent for nearly a full minute. I played with the paper from my straw wrapper while I tried to think of the right thing to say.
Millie, our waitress, saved me from having to decide right away. "Hey, honey," she greeted Greg We were at TJ's so often that she knew our names, but she always called everyone honey. "The usual?"
Greg nodded.
"Okay," Millie said, smiling wide. "I'll be right back with your coke and the pizza."
Once again, we were alone, sitting silently. Greg stared at the wall over my shoulder.
"Hi, Greg!" some girls called as they walked into the restaurant. Spartan cheerleaders. I recognized them from the game. I shot a quick glare at their backs as they headed across the room."

No comments:

Post a Comment