CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Favorties reads from August 2018



I had a productive reading summer! We didn't travel as much as we usually do, we were home more often and the kids were all busy so I got caught up on a lot of my TBR!

Drum roll... I read 45 books! HOLY COW! I didn't think I'd read that many until just now when I counted! WAHOO! That cleaned out a lot of my list plus new books.



But I can't believe summer is coming to an end. I LOVE the sun! I love the relaxed schedules and routines. I LOVE sleeping in. I love the fresh food and BBQ's and being outdoors. I'm going to let myself grieve a little bit over the next few weeks.






These were my favorite books from the summer (in order of last read):


TELL THE WIND AND FIRE
by Sarah Rees Brennan

Opening line:
"It was the best of times until it was the worst of times."









 GRACE AND FURY
by Tracy Banghart

Opening line:
Serina Tessaro stood on the steps of the fountain in Lanos's central piazza flanked by nine other girls her age, all in their finest gowns."





SHADOW OF THE FOX
by Julie Kagawa

Opening line:
"It was raining the day Suki came to the Palace of the Sun, and it was raining the night that she died."


THE SOUND OF GLASS
by Karen White

Opening line:
"An unholy tremor rippling through the sticky night air alerted Edith Heyward that something wasn't right."






AS WIDE AS THE SKY
by Jessica Pack

Opening line:
"Two hours, forty-three minutes."







AS BRIGHT AS HEAVEN 
by Susan Meissner

 Opening line:
"Morning light shimmers on the apricot horizon as I stand at the place where my baby boy rests."







 THE DISAPPEARANCES 
by Emily Bain Murphy


 Opening line:
"I want something of hers." 







Other FAVS!





 



No comments:

Post a Comment