CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Monday, October 29, 2018

My favorite books about friends

I think this is the cutest picture of best friends! I got it off Pinterest but can find the artist to give credit where credit is certainly due! If anyone knows...let me know.

Do you have a best friend?

My BFF in high school was exactly who I needed at the time. She didn't let me get away with any crap, downheartedness, stupidty, or anything that might ruin my life. She made me laugh so hard that I literally spewed milk out. my. nose. On multiple occasions. I loved her!



I LOVE books that show a healthy BFF relationship. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE BFF BOOK?
I love to see the relationship strengthen and mature, too. Whenever there is a #bookstagram prompt on Instagram about best friends, there are a few books I think about. Here is a list of my top favs:

Young Adult

JELLICOE ROAD 
by Melina Marchetta

First line:

"My father took one hundred and thirty-two minutes to die."

Three things I liked about this book:
1. Relationships
2. Jonah Griggs
3. Ending











SIX OF CROWS 
by Leigh Bardugo

Opening line:

"Joost had two problems: the moon and his moustache."

Misfits and friendships. Loved it.









Middle Grade


SKY JUMPERS 
by Peggy Eddleman


First line:

"You would think I'd never jumped off a cliff before, based on how long I stood there."




STARGIRL
by Jerry Spinelli

Opening line:
"When I was little, my uncle Pete had a necktie with porcupines painted on it."



Adult




FRIED GREEN TOMATOES AT THE WHISTLE STOP CAFE
by Fannie Flagg

"The Whistle Stop Cafe opened up last week, right next door to me at the post office, and owners Idgie Threadgoode and Ruth Jamison said business has been good ever since."

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES
by L.M. Montgomery

I'm not sure if this is YA or adult? But I love Anne and Diana's friendship, plus all the other friendships in just this book.














Series




HARRY POTTER
by J.K. Rowling

I have to include these books on this list. I lovelovelove the friendships that develop and deepen throughout all seven books.



THE HOBBIT AND THE LORD OF THE RINGS
by J.R.R. Tolkien

لجزء الثالث من ملحمة جيه أر أر تولكين الرائعة سيد الخواتم


No comments:

Post a Comment