CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Saturday, September 5, 2020

6 Books of my favorite books I read this summer



How was your summer? 

(I hate that summer is over).

Mine? CRAZY BUSY! 

I had a daughter return home after living in California for 18 Months; my oldest daughter got married; my husband opened his own business. ALL within a month. 

Yup. Crazy. Busy. 

Somehow, I still found the time to read. This year, I took a break from reviewing books to just read what I wanted to read.

 I met my goal of reading 5 nonfiction books as well. One of them made this list. 


This list is the books I truly enjoyed and would recommend to anyone. If you'd like to chat about any of them, message me! I love a good book chat! 🧡




FIRST: GET CAUGHT: A STALKER'S GUIDE TO LOVE by Crystal Liechty (Pruitt Prep Book 1)


Let's start off with a fun young adult read. Set in a private school, the author takes us through the angst of teenhood and watching, or in this case, drawing your crush from afar and what happens with said crush finds the drawings. 

I can't wait for the second book set at this school!








SUMMER IN NEW YORK COLLECTION (A Timeless Anthology Book)


What is better to read in the summer than FIVE stories set in summer in New York? Janette Rallison, Heather B. Moore, Sarah Eden, Luisa Perkins and Lisa Mangum all contributed to this anthology and their stories are perfect for reading at the beach or in a hammock. 










THE BEST OF INTENTIONS (Canadian Crossings #1) by Susan Anne Mason


This is a sweet story of love and family. Grace sails from England to Canada to help her sister and new baby. But when she arrives, she learns her sister passed away from the Spanish Flu and the baby is in the home the very family who rejected her sister. I love the author's writing style. I'll read more of her books.









THE PAPER DAUGHTERS OF CHINATOWN by Heather B. Moore


This is an amazing historical fiction set in San Francisco in the late nineteenth century, the story is based on the life of Donaldina Cameron and how she saved thousands of Chinese women who are sold to brothels and used as sex slaves. It's an amazing story of one woman's courage, hope and strength as she fights for social justice. 










THE INDIGO GIRL by Natasha Boyd


Another book based on actual events. Eliza Lucas is sixteen when her father leaves her in charge of three plantations in South Carolina. While her father is gone, the plantations start to suffer financially and Eliza tries to figure out how to save her home. She learns that indigo dye is a precious commodity and is determined to grow it. I had to keep reminding myself that she was a TEEN! 









THE LIFE CHANGING MAGIC OF TIDYING UP: THE JAPANESE ART OF DECLUTTERING AND ORGANIZATION by Marie Kondo


I confess, I 'Kondo-ed' my home this summer. AND IT WAS AMAZING. I'm serious.The way she explains the process and how to stay clutter free works...so far. hahaha 

Basically, you keep what you love. That is so positive and better than 'get rid of what you don't use.'

I'm amazed at the clothes, cleaning products, decor, etc that I had out of sight that I love and am now using. 





There you go! Six of my favorite books for summer 2020. How about you? Did you have any favorite reads this year?

 













No comments:

Post a Comment