CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen

When Auden impulsively goes to stay with her father, stepmother, and new baby sister the summer before she starts college, all the trauma of her parents' divorce is revived, even as she is making new friends and having new experiences such as learning to ride a bike and dating.

Quote from the book:
It's the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something's difficult to come by, you'll do that much more to make sure it's even harder--if not impossible--to lose."

I enjoyed the story from start to finish. It may be an old story formula, like some reviewers have mentioned, but it's a tried and true story maker.
Every character had something unique about them, positive or negative. I felt like I got to know each person and I almost knew what they were going to say or how they would act by the end.
There were characters I related to, some I liked but didn't relate to and some I wanted to beat over the head with my purse.
By the end, I wanted friends like Auden's (actually, I did in high school), I wanted to go to the Prom (didn't get to do that in high school), live by the ocean for the summer and make pies everyday. I also wanted to buy my own green bike (mine was pink) and ride it.

Rated PG
V:none
S:some kissing
L:Jay Leno swear words

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment