CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX by Mary E. Pearson



Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions—questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book but I guessed the twist early on. I enjoyed watching Jenna learn and grow through the story, from a coma patient with no memory to a strong girl who found she could live with herself.
This story reminds of the movie...no, I can't tell you or it would give it away.
It's an intriguing look at what could realistically happen in the future. The story made me reevaluate my feelings on...ah, can't tell you or it would spoil the story.
There was at least one loose end in the form of Dante. Why was he 'empty' as Jenna says he is??
The only twist I didn't totally see was at the end. I was worried about the ending but it was ironic and good.

Rating: PG
S: None
V: None
L: a few slang words

Page 69 test:
"Dane saunters past me and plops onto the couch. He is full of smiles. He seems to be the happiest of the group.
"You can put your stuff in there, if you like, " Allys tells me, pointing to a cabinet behind the library tables, All I have is a small knapsack containing my vial of nutrients, but I go ahead and wk to the other end of the room to put it away
"Wrong!" Dane calls out. "I stand corrected. You are one of us."
I turn back to him. "Pardon me?" I say.
"Your feet?"
"Leave it, Dane."
"What? We're supposed to pretend she doesn't walk funny?" Right, Allys. And you've got all your digits, and Ethan has a magnetic personality."
"Eat it," Ethan says and falls back into one of the sling chairs.
Gabriel slinks into the corner and sits at a Net state, looking small and thankful to be under the radar.
Allys works her way back to her chair. "Learn to ignore him, Jenna. The rest of us do."
I walk funny?
"It's okay," I say. "I had an--" Don't discuss the accident." --an illness. I'll be better soon."
"That's what we all say," Dane answers.
Dr. Rae breezes into the room "Jenna, you're here. Welcome! And You've all been getting acquainted. That's nice."
Nice.
I need to look that word up again."

No comments:

Post a Comment