CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

LET'S DO LUNCH by Roger Tory Wilson



With this Revised and Updated Edition of Let's Do Lunch, you eat until full in all the food groups, including all you want ofunprocessed starchy carbs, the sweetest fresh fruits and fruit smoothies, lean red meat, corn thins, cheese, healthy fats, veggies, whole-grain cereals and crispbreads, dark brown and wild rice, snacks, dressings, condiments, and sauces. But because these foods stabilize your blood sugar, your body forces you to become less and less hungry with each passing day. Thus, you begin to eat less and less, consume fewer and fewer calories, and lose all the weight you want.

In Let's Do Lunch, Roger Troy reveals:

  • Eat until full whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories you consume (even if you start by eating 10,000 calories a day)-thus eliminating your hunger cravings.
  • Your body can't tell the difference between starchy carbs, so when you eat the Let's Do Lunch starchy carbs, it eliminates your cravings for the fattening starchy carbs.
  • Your body can't tell the difference between sugars, so when you eat the sweetest fresh fruits and fruit smoothies, it eliminates your cravings for all the foods made with fattening sugar in them.

If you want to read about and talk with other Let's Do Lunchdieters, go to www.letsdolunch.com and click on "message boards." Once you do, you'll want to get started on this program right away.

I think with any diet plan you have to take a little salt with a little sugar and make it your own. What I liked about the plan: Eating lots of fruit! Substitute low-fat.

What I didn't like: Eating lots of beans! I REALLY hate chili, Lima, kidney etc, beans.

I'm willing to try eating more fruit before breakfast, more protein at lunch and a small dinner. The author goes over cravings, eating out, what to eliminate from your diet, gives a 14-day meal plan, ideas on what to buy and not buy and recipes.

There are quite a few yummy recipes.

What I got out of the book: eat lots of fruits and vegetables; don't eat fattening foods like sauces; figure out what you are craving and fix it with a fat-free version; taylor the diet for you.

AND! Eat lots of frozen grapes!


Rating: G

Page 69 test:

"Confronting What You Are Really Craving

After I had cleared our home of all the wrong foods,I was pretty proud of myself And then the day came when I had a sudden, unbelievably strong craving for pizza. A craving is an uncontrollable lusting for something you've found extremely pleasurable in the past. Believe me,I was listing for pizza on that day!

Fortunately there were no pizzas in the house, and I had no pizza coupons. In the time that it would have taken me to look up the phone number for my favorite pizza delivery service, I satdown and ate a mountain of frozen grapes. That got me through.

Later that night, I realized that what I was really craving was the cheese on the pizza. I hadn't thought to analyze just what portion of the pizza I was desiring. The good news was that I knew how to satisfy that craving in a less fattening way. I ended up eating a half-slice of fat-free cheese melted on a couple of wholegrain fat-free crispbreads (no sugar).

Another time when that craving for pizza hit me, I ate as much as I wanted of Little Mary's Pizza soup (see chapter9). these were the least fattening choices that tasted the best to me. And eating this way worked! I don't remember how much I ate of Pizza Soup at that time, but I now this, my craving was satisfied, and I didn't consume nearly as many calories as in a family-size pizza, which was my usual portion in those days. My cheese craving was also satisfied in two ways:

Real Food Original Corn Thins, with a slice of tomato and half-slice of sharp fat-free cheese melted on top."

No comments:

Post a Comment