CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

Poor Calla! She's a strong, alpha female who is promised to a hot alpha male. Then she breaks the rules and saves a cute human boy. Who to choose? Calla can't seem to make up her mind in this love triangle. And why should she choose? Both guys like her, maybe even love, and whenever Calla is with one, high sexual tension, fingers trailing on skin and kissing are involved. I have to admit I skimmed a lot of these scenes. They started to read all the same to me. I got a little tired of it...
The storyline is interesting with the Guardians, Keepers and Searchers. I was quite a ways into the book before I was able to understand those titles and who they belonged to. 
The characters were well written. The best ones were Calla, Ren, and Lumine. Ren was my favorite in his development. I enjoyed watching him change from playboy to softy who wanted to give his heart to only one girl.
I thought the cover was very cool.


Rating: PG 17
S:Innuendos, tension, kissing
L: Yes, a few swear words
V: Yes, some killing, fighting

Page 69 rating:
"Ren's gaze followed mine. "Cosette, why don't you go join the others?" Sh bolted from the couch.
I frowned, suddenly aware of the cloak of darkness that covered REe and me in the solitary corner of the nightclub. "You didn't have to send her away."
"Are you afraid to be alone with me, Lily?" His voice looped over me like a rope pulling me toward him.
I tried to sound strong. "I'm not afraid of anything."
"Anything" he asked. "That's an impressive claim. Even for an alpha."
"Are you suggesting there is something you're afraid of?"
My chest tightened when Ren flinched.
"Yes, one thing." I could barely hear his murmured response.
His retreat drew me forward. "One thing?"
When he looked at me, his troubled expression faded.
"That would be my secret. I won't give it up without getting something in return."
His hand slipped over my shoulder beneath the cascade of my hair, his fingers pausing to cup the nape of my neck. He pulled me close; the strength of his arms set my blood on fire.
I twisted out of his grasp. There were Keepers everywhere. "You can keep your secrets." As much as I wanted his touch, I didn't trust him yet. I'd heard too much about his other conquests. Besides, he knew better. The alpha female was supposed to e pure at the union. And that meant no romance before the ceremony.
As if he'd read my mind, Ren's mouth slid in a wicked grin, eyes fixing on my curves. "Be honest. Can you breathe int eh thing?"
My nails dug into the sofa cushion. Watch yourself, Ren. Two can play hardball.
"So you and Sabine?"

No comments:

Post a Comment