CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Absolution by Jennifer Laurens

Zoe’s secret is out. And the powers of Hell are ravenous to claim her soul. Her brother, Luke, knows her secret: that she sees both good and evil spirits. Her boyfriend knows. At least Matthias is her guardian angel again. But now Hell’s most ruthless leader will stop at nothing to have her soul.

Albert, Matthias’ father, is relentless in his hunger for Zoe. He wants to destroy Matthias and will use Zoe to do so.

The battle between Heaven and Hell tests everything Zoe has. As she witnesses everyone important in her life suffering, she’s brought to the ultimate choice: will she sacrifice her soul to save the ones she loves?


 Interesting series. I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. I will admit, the first book was my favorite and I was totally content to end with that one. 
I liked the characters. Each had a unique voice, especially Matthias. 




Rating: PG 16
V: Fighting
L:A few words
S: Sexual tension



Page 69 test:
""You. Us. The truth."
He studied me with deciphering eyes. Then his gaze fell to the floor. He shook his head, let out a helpless-sounding laugh. "You're..." He looked at me, searching gone, a trace of fear now coloring his pale expression. "You're sure?"
"Positive. Look." I stepped closer to him, but he inched back. To my right, Albert crossed his arms over has chest. "Whatever happened to me, this ability I have to see guardians and stuff also enables me to see evil spirits."
He swallowed. Didn't respond.
"He doesn't believe you," Albert murmured.
Yes, he does, I thought, even thought Albert couldn't hear me. And then you don't have a reason to be here.
Finally, Weston closed the space between us. "I have a girlfriend who sees guardian angels and murderers. You are--" He stroked the side of my face with the back of his fingers,"--something else, Zoe."
"Girlfriend?" My insides tingled and I smiled, approving of is endearment.
Weston slipped his arms around my waist and snuggled against me, his forehead pressed to mine. He closed his eyes. "One more reason I love."
Albert's arms unfolded and went behind his back. I grinned inwardly to myself.
I inched back and looked Weston in the eye. "I never want be the cause of why someone I care about loses control. Ever."
"I love you," he whispered, then held me close. "I'm sorry I acted like...an idiot."
"It's okay. Making love is not something I've ever done before," I admitted.
"Me neither."
I was relieved the understood the difference. Albert's eyes hardened. He zigzagged like a caged wildcat. The word trapped kept surfacing in my head. Trapped. Afraid.
And gone."

2 comments:

  1. I just got Heavenly on my kindle--it's the first in this series--right? I'm looking forward to reading these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I find in a few series, the first is my favorite.

    By the way, your question to Elana Johnson has been answered by her on my blog, if you'd like to visit.

    ReplyDelete