CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Wovles, Boys & Other Things that might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler

KJ Carson lives an outdoor lover's dream. The only daughter of a fishing and wildlife guide, KJ can hold her own on the water or in the mountains near her hometown outside Yellowstone National Park. But when she meets the shaggy-haired, intensely appealing Virgil, KJ loses all self-possession. And she's not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they're assigned to work together on a school newspaper article about the famous wolves of Yellowstone. As KJ spends time with Virgil, she also spends more time getting to know a part of her world that she always took for granted . . . and she begins to see herself and her town in a whole new light.


 Interesting subject matter of wolves and I'm not talking werewolves. Set in a small town near Yellowstone, the story is about KJ, or Katherine Jean, who sees issues as black and white. She develops a crush on the new boy whose Mom is is in town to study the wolves. That is one side of the story.
The other side is the ranchers who hate the wolves because they eat their livestock which is their livelihood.
I didn't really connect with the characters. I skimmed the parts about the wolves and their names. Not much romance either. Maybe I missed it when I skimmed. And I'm sure there was some parallelism between KJ's story and the wolves but I wasn't intrigued enough to figure it out.
I LOVED the first chapter. The voice and sarcasm.
Others will like this book for the environmentalist take on the wolves.


Rating: G
V: shooting, accident,
L: None
S: kissing

Want to buy it?


Page 69 test:
"Chapter 7
Taking Inventory
Dad gets me up early to help with inventory. "How are things?" he says over reel boxes.
"Things?" I say.
"School."
"A's except for math."
"How bad?"
"Not good."
We unpack boxes for a minute. I rip. He stacks. Then I try again. "I took a review test I probably bombed. I can never tell. It's starting to sound familiar to me though."
He takes a bag out of my hand. "You've gotta have decent math grades, KJ."
"I'm pretty sure I know that," I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment