CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Count Down to Love by Julie N. Ford

Abandoned at the altar, Kelly Grace Pickens finds herself left holding not only the bouquet but also the exorbitant bill for an A-list wedding. Homeless, a once promising singing career floundering, and her life bearing an uncanny resemblance to one of her country music ballads, she reluctantly accepts a last minute offer to appear on a reality TV show akin to the bachelor. Pitted against silicon-enhanced supermodels in four-inch heals, Kelly feels confident that she will be among the first would-be fiancés to be excused. Only, when the mysterious bachelor from New York City, Dillon Black, invites her to stay, Kelly finds herself thrust into the vortex of a game she doesn’t have the first idea how to play. Nursing her hopelessly broken heart while avoiding the foils of her fellow contestants, Kelly is oblivious to Dillon’s affections as she wades through hurt and betrayal to discover, in the end, that she has landed firmly on both feet.

Leaving behind Nashville’s Music Row for the majestic Grand Teton mountains, Count Down To Love takes readers on a journey from duplicity to sincerity as Kelly discovers that being true to oneself is the first step in finding happiness and everlasting love.
 


If you like the Bachelor, romance and true love, you'll enjoy COUNT DOWN TO LOVE by Julie Ford. Kelly is left at the altar. Her cousin tries to help get Kelly's mind off her troubles by making her appear on a Bachelor-like tv show. Instead, Kelly finds herself falling in love with the shows main character.
Kelly tries to stay clear of Dillon, the "bachelor" but it's hard when he seems to return the feelings. But does he really like her or is he just acting for the show??
While Dillon was the perfect main man, I liked him best at the end of the book when he was with his family. I wish we saw more of him in this light; teased, insecure, a brother and a son.

Rating: PG 13
S: kissing
V:No
L:I can't remember so probably no...

Want to buy it?

25% (p. 58ish?):
"...eyes, I sang the lyrics along with the chords.
Past the linen and the lace
And the veil that hides my fave
Is a woman that no one really knows...
No wait, something wasn't right with that last line. I tried again.
Past the linen and the lace
And the veil that hides my fae
Is a woman that I hardly know...
Yes, much better.
When the lights go down
And the cameras aren't around
I can finally start o see who I am...
Those final lines of the chorus came out of nowhere, but I liked them. And I knew the lyrics had come from my heart. With Trevor out of the picture, was I seeing myself in a different light? I sang the last lines again with a slight deviation.
When the lights go down
And I'm on my own
I can finally sart to see who I am...

"What is taht ?"
I jumed and spun to see Dillon standng over me. "What"
"That song. I don't think I've ever heard it before."
"Oh, it's nothing," I dismissed, with a wave of my hand. "Just something I was working on." Iput the guitar down and stood to ace him. "It's sil really."
"No," he said. "Sad, heartfelt...but not silly."
I gave him a timid smile. "Thanks," was all I could get out. I was embarrassed that someone had heard me. I didn't like anyone to hear my songs until they were doen, or nearly done and eneeded help finishing.
"You were amaing with those kids earlier," he said.
"Taht was nothing. I love tchildren," I said as an uncomfrotable chill ran over my bare shoulders. He was closely apprising m. I felt..."

No comments:

Post a Comment