CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Supernaturally by Kiersten White


Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal. 

Good, clean, paranormal read. Thank you, Ms. White for something new and different and clean.
Love: Evie thought normal included a locker! I enjoyed how she handled her assignments and helped the paranormals; new character, Jack.
Didn't love: Evie lying; Boyfriend turning PMS-y; that I have to wait for another book!


Rated: PG
V: No
L: Bleeping no
S: No


25% test (p. 84):
"But the fence would still be there, and I cold always find my way back over. Right?"
"Two conditions," I said, practically feeling her relief and excitement seeping through the connection. "One: I am not Level Seven or anything in any system. I am not IPCA. If I don't like a mission, I don't do it. It's totally my call."
"Done. And the second?"
"I want my credit card back." Clearly the unknown I was about to venture into would require a new wardrobe.
"Very well. As long as you reserve it for emergencies."
"Seriously, Raquel, when did you get so funny?"
She paused. "Evie, I'm--I'm very pleased you'll be helping us again."
"I missed you, too." I meant to be lighthearted, but was surprised by an uncomfortable itch in my throat and pricking in my eyes. Good heavens, I was not about to cry on a call with Raquel. After all, my seventeenth birthday was coming up, I was living on my own, independent, strong. I was doing this because I wanted to --not because I missed her. That would be stupid.
After a very suspicious throat clearing, Raquel's voice resumed its brisk, business tone. "Excellent. I'll send jack for you tonight around eight."
"Whoa, tonight? So soon?"
"I wasn't joking when I said we needed help. Lately, it seems as though everything that can go wrong does. And..."

No comments:

Post a Comment