CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies
.


First line:
"Aren't Fridays suppose to be good?"

Ohhh! Love the story!
Londan Lane suffered a traumtic event that affected her long term memory. Every morning at 4:33, her brain wipes clean and she starts over. Except for the fact she can see things from the future.
Thanks to a understanding, sympatheitc amother and friend and notes London writes to herself every night, she's able to have a almost normal day.
Then some hot guy moves in and shakes her world up (but she can't remember him in the morning).
Great tension, theme, romance and mystery all rolled up in one story.
Also a quick, clean read that's not fluff. AND! A stand alone book! Not part of a triology (someday I may have to eat my words about trilogies...).

A few favorite verses:
"Somehow, amid all the conflicting emotions, sleep grabs my hand and pulls me under."
"That's about the point when I felt myself being strapped onto a roller-coaster ride that I didn't stand in line for."


What I liked:
London
Luke
Mrs. Lane
Plot
Twists

What I disliked:
Only seeing Luke's family once
Not seeing the twist (I pride myself on catching the twists! Sixth sense? Yeah. Guessed it)!

Rating: PG 14
V: No
L: I can't remember any
S: kissing, make out (though not detailed)

5 STARS

25% test (p. 72):
"...something. Unsure how to respond, I look back until he is forced to return his eyes to the road. He continues.
"Then one day Dad showed up with flowers and begged Mom to take him back. Eventually, she did, and he took a job in Boston at a smaller firm and came home at five thirthy every night. it was like New York had never happened.
"It was all pretty weird, but that's my parents. Then one day they shock me with news that thy're having twins."
"Wow," I say when he's finished.
"I know, sorry. That was really long and boring," Luke says.
"No, not at all. It sounds like a  movie."
Luke laughs and says, "Oh, I'm sure we all have our movie dramas," in a way that makes me think he can see into my soul.
"What about your parents?" he asks casually.
"My  mom sells real estate," I say, eyes on the houses we're passing.
"What about your dad? What does he do?"
"I odn't know," I say quietly. Luke glances at me.
"Sorry for bringing it up," he says.
"It's no big deal," I lie. In truth, it's a very big deal, particularly today, but it's nothing I need to share with a potential boyfriend who seems to play no part in my future. I'm relieved when we reach Luke's house. Luke's very new, very large house.

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAY! I read it and gave it 5 stars too!!!
    Wasn't it awesome?
    I thought it was very well written and very creative! I can't wait to read her next book! She will be an excellent Author to watch out for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It was such an unusual story. And the writing was awesome!

    ReplyDelete