CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

THE DAY BEFORE by Lisa Schroeder

One moment can change everything. Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him.  And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.


First line:
"Some mornings,
it's hard to get
out of bed."

I love books in verse for a change up in my reading. I love how quickly they read and yet they relay a story in fewer words. It's the same with THE DAY BEFORE. And just when I thought I had the plot twists figured out, I didn't.
Amber is dealing with hard news in their life. She decides to take the day off from life and enjoy her last one before she has to face some major changes and upheaval. She goes to the aquarium where she meets Cade, who is also taking the day to adjust to the changes happening in his life the next day.
The story follows how the two spend their day together with the vow not to talk about tomorrow. 
 I almost read the whole book in one sitting. It's pulled me along and wouldn't let me rest. I wanted to know Amber and Cade's secrets and how they would end their day.
There were a things that didn't make sense to me or were unrealistic but I don't want to give anything away.


Rating: PG 13
V:No
S: kissing
L: some

Liked:
reading in verse

Disliked:
some unrealistic ideals/situations/problems

4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment