CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

GUARDIANS by Heather Frost

A vision of Kate's death causes Patrick to intensify his duties as Guardian. The Demon Lord is especially relentless now that Kate is the only Seer to ever escape his grasp. When Patrick discovers that Kate is the key to defeating their greatest enemy, he must choose between sacrificing the girl he loves or letting the Demon Lord win. You won't be able to put this final installment in the Seers trilogy down.

First line:
"I stood at my mother's side, listening to her soft laughter."

And this trilogy comes to a close and what an ending!
Kate and Patrick are the love interests and the main characters. Kate is a Seer and Patrick, her Guardian. Kate must defeat the Demon Lord but Patrick has foreseen her death and he doesn't want to sacrifice her. But she knows her responsibilities and is determined to save the world, even if it means dying.
I thought the book was paced well and kept me interested and turning the pages. I wanted to finish and see how love would win in the end.
I will admit here that my favorite book of the series was the first one, SEERS. I picked up this book once before and I put it down without reading more than a couple of chapters. But this time around I finished. There were some quick fixes and I was surprised a couple of times how someone changed their attitude/personality/life.
This is a good, clean young adult book.

Rating: PG 14
V: Fighting, demons, shooting, stabbing
L: No
S: Kissing

Liked:
Auras

Disliked:
Wrapped up neatly, though was moving

3 1/2 STARS

Thanks netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment