CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

EDENBROOKE by Julianne Donaldson

Marianne Daventry will do anything to escape the boredom of Bath and the amorous attentions of an unwanted suitor. So when an invitation arrives from her twin sister, Cecily, to join her at a sprawling country estate, she jumps at the chance. Thinking she’ll be able to relax and enjoy her beloved English countryside while her sister snags the handsome heir of Edenbrooke, Marianne finds that even the best laid plans can go awry.

From a terrifying run-in with a highwayman to a seemingly harmless flirtation, Marianne finds herself embroiled in an unexpected adventure filled with enough romance and intrigue to keep her mind racing. Will she be able to rein in her traitorous heart, or will a mysterious stranger sweep her off her feet? Fate had something other than a relaxing summer in mind when it sent Marianne to Edenbrooke.



Loved. This. Book.
I'm gushing. 
I love a good, clean, smart book. Throw in romance, a dashing gentleman and lady who can laugh at herself and I'm sold. EDENBROOKE was a book that left me sighing. And strangely, uplifted. That doesn't happen often. Not that I expect every book to leave me feeling good. I don't. I like good writing. I like a good story. I like characters that make me like them. Edenbrooke did all that for me too.
Marianne's mother has passed away and her father is grieving in a different country so Marianne is sent to her grandmother in Bath. Marianne's twin sister is in London, visiting family friends. Marianne is sent to be with her sister at Edenbrooke. 
Marianne is spicy and sassy and funny. I really liked her. She was my favorite character which means Ms. Donaldson did a great job of writing.
Oh yeah. There is a swoony gentleman named Philip. He's tired of mothers shoving daughters into his life because of his money and possessions. He's running away when he meets Marianne and helps her. Which makes Marianne mad because she wants to prove she in capable.
Gushing over. I was a little disappointed in the way the two love birds finally got together. I think it went too smoothly. That is my only complaint and it's not a big one. There were obstacles all along the journey until the end where I think the sister gave up a little too quickly. It didn't seem to be in her personality to give up. So I needed a little more of the sister changing her attitude. BUT! It wasn't a big deal because I got to *sigh* at the end anyway.
I'll buy this book for my library and will read it again.
Good job, Julianne!


Rating: PG
V: No
S: No
L: No

Liked:
Marianne
Philip
Romance

Disliked:
Ended too soon!
This book ruined me for a few days! I needed a romance to read and couldn't find one that worked. I finally 'settled' on Georgette Heyer. 
 

5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment