CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

IMPRINTS by Rachel Ann Nunes

Sometimes what you can't see means everything

A young woman is missing. In desperation, her parents turn to Autumn Rain for help. Autumn reads imprints—emotions left mysteriously behind on certain treasured objects. But is this ability a blessing or a curse?

Sometimes Autumn isn’t sure—her life has become far from normal—but for people who have missing loved ones, her talent might mean the difference between life and death. Even the infuriating Detective Martin has asked for Autumn’s help, though at times she feels more like a suspect than a consultant. Too often Autumn finds herself retreating to her antiques shop and the company of her best friend, Jake Ryan, to avoid notice.

But soon more than one woman is mission, and Autumn teams up with private eye Ethan McConnell to investigate their disappearance. Ethan’s attraction to her is a pleasant change from Jake’s frustrating offers of friendship, but once Autumn takes that first step, she sets in motion a series of events that risk not only her own life but the lives of those she cares about most.


IMPRINTS is a good, clean book with romance and mystery.
Autumn is a good character who is in love with her best friend, Jake. She also has a gift, or curse, of being able to touch an object and see or feeling its history.
Ethan McConnell's sister is missing and he would like to find her. He asks Autumn for help. Jake is suddenly acting very jealous. Or maybe just protective.
Autumn goes undercover to find the missing woman, putting herself as well as many others in danger.
I enjoyed the story, romance and all. Good job, Rachel!
 I didn't quite relate with Autumn in that I like to wear shoes and I don't mind eating non-organic food. But she is likable and sweet and has backbone.
I guessed the bad guys because Rachel left a few clues around but I like that! I like feeling like I'm clever! :)

Rating: PG
L: None
V: People punching and getting punched; gunshot wounds; a couple of deaths
S: None

Page 69 test:
"...to marry each other, as Tawnia and Bret had. Then both friendship and romance had the chance to endure.
Placing my handbag over my head and shoulder so it wouldn't go flying, I silently put on Jake's extra helmet , climbed onto the back of his motorbike, and slid my arms around his waist. The helmet didn't go around my chin , so once I lifted up the visor, I could press the front part of my cheek against the back of his leather jacket. I felt his solid form, the warmth  of him. I wondered if he was as aware of me and my touch, or if I was like his little sister, Randa. At that thought, my eyes pushed out a few more tears, but I didn't let go of him to wipe them away.
In the next moment we were off, the air breathing against my face and blowing it dry. Exhilaration quickly replaced the sadness, and I knew Jake had picked this nearly deserted road on purpose for the high speed we could achieve. We rode for an hour, until the summer night became cool and I had to tuck my hands under his jacket to keep them warm. He turned in the direction of home.
We pulled up at my apartment, and I eased myself off the bike, stopped, and I flexed my finger so the cold would leave them more quickly. "That was great," I told Jake, as we both removed our helmets.
"Better than going with Ethan?"
"I know you aren't happy about what I want to do, but I ave a chance to help whose women. Winter would understand."
Jake's lips pursed, and that did funny things to my heart. Jake had great lips, full and generous and inviting. I'd always thought so, even before I'd begun falling for him.
"I understand why, Autumn. But I still don't like it, and I don't trust Ethan."
"Why?"
Jake frowned. "I don't want to see you hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment