CDC

If you have any concerns or questions about COVID-19, please, please for the love, go to the CDC website. They will have the most accurate information you need.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

VOW OF THIEVES (Dance of Thieves #2) by Mary E. Pearson

Kazi and Jase have survived, stronger and more in love than ever. Their new life now lies before them―the Ballengers will be outlaws no longer, Tor's Watch will be a kingdom, and the two of them will meet all challenges side by side, together at last.

But an ominous warning mars their journey back, and in their rush to return to Tor's Watch, just outside the fortress walls, they are violently attacked and torn apart―and each is thrust into their own new hell.

Unsure whether the other is alive or dead, Kazi and Jase must keep their wits among their greatest enemies and unlikeliest allies. And all the while, Death watches and waits.


 Opening line:
"A dusty beam of light wormed its way through the stone, and I leaned in, hoping to steal some warmth."

I thoroughly loved Dance of Thieves, and so when I saw the next book was coming out, I grabbed it and I'm so glad I did.
First off: how can a human being write such intricate details about people, places and intrigue? What kind of brain does this amazing thing called storytelling and keeps the reader reading and trying to guess and falling in love with characters and wanting to stab the villains??
Second: Dual points of view chapters. Sometimes, one wasn't there...
Third: Kazi! She is a strong, strong woman and human being and she doesn't think she is but she is inside and out. "I'll take one for the team because I love my team." Every. Single. Time. Go to jail, get out of jail, fight someone or lots of someones, thrown in a cell, beaten, rescued and lovedlovedloved for her bravery and strength and dedication.
Fourth: HELLO JASE. That is all.
Fifth: Pacing was almost perfect. Okay, it was perfect.

Can you tell I enjoyed the book? And you know what else I love?? DUOLOGIES! I love that the writing/publishing world is getting away from the series and going to 2 books. love it.
I'm ready for any and all new books Mary Pearson writes. Bring. it. on.

No comments:

Post a Comment